|the art & science of label compliance
Prime Label Consultants (PLC) has been helping companies navigate food labeling since 1972. PLC food technologists have daily interaction with government regulators from our offices on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. We are a full service food label consulting business with over 3500 clients worldwide.
We offer the following family of services:
- Develop - Nutrition Panels, Nutrient Analyses, Claims, Sketch Prototypes
- Approve - FSIS Expediting, Emergencies, Generic & Child Nutrition Labels
- Consult - Regulatory Consulting, Premium Access Retainer
- Educate - Label Training Certifications, Annual Food Labeling Conference
- Enable - EZ Form Labeling Compliance Expert Software
Add PLC's experience, expertise & excellence to your team today!
Download our new client packet here.
| Label Development
|Label development services for USDA and FDA regulated foods assist your staff at any point in the development cycle - these include:
- Nutrition Facts Panels
- Nutritional Analyses from database
- Ingredient & Allergen Statements
- Health & Nutrition Claims
- Product naming services
- Label Sketch Prototypes
- Complete "graphics designer ready" Package
From label design to final compliance, Label Development Services let
PLC’s food technologists work hand-in-hand with your staff to produce "graphics-ready" labels.
Prime Label’s Nutrition facts development and label drafting service is excellent! When USDA required us to have NFP on all our labels even single ingredient fresh retail items, Prime Label turned around our 50 or so labels within a short period of time and helped us comply with all regulatory requirements. We are fortunate to have Prime Label as our resource for all Nutritional facts panel development projects and feel confident that our labels are compliant to the latest standards and requirements. Thank you for being our labeling authority! - Karthik Komarasamy, AVA Companies
USDA Label Approval
For almost half a century, PLC has been expediting food label approvals through FSIS regulators near our offices on Capitol Hill.
If you want timely label approvals, you will need an experienced Food Technologist
reviewing your application to ensure that the myriad of regulations,
policies and unwritten expectations are met.
Otherwise, rejection of a label can lead to multiple delays and costly production interruptions.
PLC will also determine if your label qualifies for Generic approval,
and help you choose the best path for label approval at the USDA.
"I count on Prime Label for expediting our label applications through the approval process promptly. They provide us with solid recommendations and solutions to ensure our label applications are complete, accurate and compliant. Prime Label’s expediting services has become an essential component of our label approval process team." - David Eaheart, Seaboard Foods
USDA Basic, Prime and Emergency expediting services
Food Technologist Label Error Report and USDA Approval Report
- EZ Approval Package - send us your label & formula, we will do the rest!
- Child Nutrition labeling and approval
Food technologists trained in label formulation and nutrition
With the burden of label compliance now on USDA plants, it pays to get a second opinion before the local inspector tags product. Get faster and more accurate label approvals with the industry's largest and most qualified label consulting company.
USDA Form 7234 &
Temporary Approval form and email, fax or mail in your labels today!
With the complexity of many labeling regulations in a disparate variety of sources, it pays to have labeling experts on call. Prime Label's food technologists provide labeling expertise where and when you need it. From our standard regulatory consulting to our Premium Access retainer service and our WebEx Emergency Consults, you get a direct line to Prime Label's regulatory expertise.
And with your Premium Access retainer (at a lower rate than our standard fees) you receive faster access at a preferred price.
"Prime Label’s “Premium Access” is great, fast and easy! It is so easy to just pick up the phone or e-mail that nagging, can’t-locate-the-answer-to question, that your customer is demanding. Thank you for a great resource!" - Jesse Waller, Smithfield Farmland Corp
Premium Access Preferred Pricing Prime Service
To ensure full compliance with the complex and myriad requirements of the USDA, PLC offers an auditing service which examines your labels and labeling practices for accuracy and efficiency.
With the volume of labels we process each day, we can easily identify common errors and deficiencies often overlooked by food companies.
- Review your labels for compliance & accuracy and identify non-compliant labels
- Review your documentation and record-keeping procedures & recommend "best of breed" practices
- Review your Generic labels for eligibility, compliance & best practices
- Assess in-house skills and recommend specific training
- Provide a detailed action plan identifying problems and suggesting solutions
- Share expertise and labeling techniques onsite with your staff
- Audits performed by a food technologist with labeling expertise
"Prime Label Consultants’ Label Audit service was very professional and thorough. Ames Perry provided useful and insightful recommendations to improve and strengthen our Labeling Process. Using the audit results, we were able to pin-point our weaknesses so we knew exactly where to focus our efforts. As a result, we have built a stronger labeling department as well as improved the accuracy of our labels. Thank you Prime Label Consultants!" - Amy Hiller, Eddy Packing Company
Outsourcing is a service where PLC's labeling professionals can completely handle all your food labeling needs.
If you are short of staff or lack the training to work on complex government requirements, we can become your extended food labeling staff - only when you need it.
PLC has dealt with thousands of labels a year for over 40 years, and we can ensure high quality, cost-effective label compliance for your company.
- Label formulation, naming, nutrition, claims & approval
- An interface with your labeling, R&D, QA, marketing & graphics dept's
- Dedicated food technologist as account manager
- Complete electronic record of labels and approvals
- Strict confidentiality
If you have a labeling staff, we’ll relieve it of dozens of time-consuming tasks.
If you don’t have a labeling staff, we’ll become it!
Add the experts at PLC to your labeling staff and save time and money!